How to use Step 1 prepare GPON demand

6 posts Page 1 of 1
Mark

Subject: How to use Step 1 prepare GPON demand

I was able to re-create in QGIS all the steps shown in the Youtube video for Sperenberg near Berlin. Everything seems to be working correctly. The video uses Step 1 create GPON demand and route line from OSM.

I am trying to run the FTTH/GPON planning wizard for an area without the buildings in OpenStreetMaps.
The buildings for the area I am working with are in a couple other layers, e.g. the building entrances, the building addresses, and another layer is for parcels. I have successfully added these layers in QGIS. How do I base the GPON demand on a separate layer? Is Step 1 prepare GPON demand for this method? Does there there need to be an extra column in the attributes table for the demand count per address?

Mark
gni_support

Hello,
Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:13 pmMark wrote:
I am trying to run the FTTH/GPON planning wizard for an area without the buildings in OpenStreetMaps.
The buildings for the area I am working with are in a couple other layers, e.g. the building entrances, the building addresses, and another layer is for parcels. (...) How do I base the GPON demand on a separate layer?
"[step 1] prepare GPON demand" algorithm prepares any point layer (Demand points parameter) to use in next steps. You can create input layer for step 1 by merging other layers.
Is Step 1 prepare GPON demand for this method?
Yes, it is.
Does there there need to be an extra column in the attributes table for the demand count per address?
Yes, you have to choose this column in algorithm window (Demand field parameter).
Mark

Thanks for your prompt answer. I will try this and see if I get further.

How do I handle the roads to use for the routing? For example 1) still use step 1 create GPON demand and route line from OSM and use step 1 prepare GPON demand with a separate layer with demand points?? 2) or use a separate roads layer in step 2 hiearchical clustering and connecting GPON demand to route line?? 3) or another procedure??
gni_support

Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:28 amMark wrote:
How do I handle the roads to use for the routing? For example 1) still use step 1 create GPON demand and route line from OSM and use step 1 prepare GPON demand with a separate layer with demand points?? 2) or use a separate roads layer in step 2 hiearchical clustering and connecting GPON demand to route line?? 3) or another procedure??
The route line in step 2 may be any linear layer. Your examples are correct, the choice depends on the available data.
herkemeier

After getting passed step 1 executed twice for using a layer of address points and for using OSM to get the roads, I have encountered several problems.

1) With GNI Planner 1.0 I was able to do all 4 steps but when I measure lengths in QGIS, they do not equal the lengths in the GNI tables. Measuring with Google, I get the same lengths as with the QGIS tool.
2) I installed GNI Planner 3.0 and to calculate a small town in the USA (2,563 addresses). I am using EPSG 4326 and 3825. When I try to calculate clustered demand, the algorithm runs for at least an hour at process v.net.connect and in the end, there is no clustering because each demand point is in group 1. Using K-Means it also runs for at least an hour but I do get 20 clusters. The clustering runs much faster in GNI Planner 1.0 (less than a minute) so I tried to use GNI Planner 1.0 for step 1 and GNI Planner 3.0 for step 2 but that did not work, even when changing the demand field to dtype.
3) Where do I find the lengths from the final nodes to the address points?
gni_support

Hello,

I do not recommend working with the spatial system of coordinates WGS 84, because calculating the length on the ellipsoid really takes quite a long time.
In the GNI Planner 3.0 version the default coordinate system is ETRS89/Poland CS92. If you want to work with this version of the Planner FTTH, you need to change the coordinate systems of all layers and adjust settings : Processing (Menu bar) -> Options -> Providers -> Gni Planner FTTH -> Intermediate layers crs

The route of connecting the address point, i.e. the length from final node to the address point, depends on the designer.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
ekskluzywne stoły stoły włoskie nowoczesne