adding GPON demand manually

4 posts Page 1 of 1
atrigal

Hello,
I am using FTTH planner in small towns. Due to the lack or unupdated address points in maps, step 1 "Create GPON demand" model does create a null or smaller list of demand points.

I have downloaded city maps with information about parcels (parcels correspond with an address point). These maps are granted by local government throught a WMS server and I add it as a layer. Nevertheless the FTTH planner does not recognize it as GPON demand.

My question is if there is any way to add GPON demand manually before step 2 "Hierarchical Clustering and connecting GPON demant to route line", or any way to convert/recognize parcels in address points.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Regards
gni_support

Hello,

Yes, you can create GPON demand layer manually, but it has to be a point vector layer.
WMS server provides raster data, so it can not be used with Gni Planner FTTH plugin. You can try to polygonize the raster data or you can look for a WFS server, which provides vector data.
Mark

So, I have a vector layer of the real estate plots as small polygons for a town of 8500 people. How do I use this vector layer then to create a GPON demand layer? Do I need to add attributes to the vector layer for demand type and demand?
atrigal

Hello Mark,
the way I do that is as follows:
1. download vector file with the parcels, the small polygons. Zoom the map to see the area.
2. go to "Processing Tools" (on the right of screen), then "SAGA", then "Vector Polygon tools", then "Polygon Centroids".

This algorithm creates a layer named "Centroid" with a demand in the center of each polygon.
Please check also the rest of SAGA algorithms for a more appropiate tool to your need.
Regards
Alejandro
Buenos Aires-Argentina
4 posts Page 1 of 1
ekskluzywne stoły stoły włoskie nowoczesne